Tuesday, March 2, 2010

#1. Imaginary Beasts

I never thought I'd be so interested in the work of Moliére, but a production of two of his plays entitled "Moliére Squared"? How could I not be intrigued?!

I got off of the Orange Line at Ruggles Station, crossed the street and looked out. "So this is Northeastern University," I said aloud to no one.

I followed the path down past some shiny glass buildings, realized I went too far, popped into a convenience store for directions, then headed back to Shillman Hall.

I'm trying to get into the habit of having at least one picture for every post. So, here: here's Shillman Hall.



Now that THAT'S out of the way...

The check-in table was at the end of a hallway on the third floor. As I was filling in my form, the director poked his head out of a lecture room to one side and said I could come in whenever I was ready.

"I was BORN ready!" I replied. Except I didn't; I just wish I had.

When I went in, he gave me the skinny. He'd listen to my monologue to get an idea of what I'm all about, then he'd give me two scenes to work on - he was more concerned with seeing how I play.

OH, I thought. I expected to hop in and hop out of this audition - I didn't expect to actually be engaged!

After I did my Misanthrope monologue, he gave me two scenes: one from George Dandin, and another from Amphitryon (where I read for Mercury, how cool is THAT?)

I then withdrew to another room with a Imaginary Beasts company member, who prob'ly had more good ideas in her than I did. We worked on (or should I say PLAYED WITH?!) the two scenes for a bit, and we went back in with them. I was... all right.

Mr. Director then let me know what a huge turnout they had gotten for this production, and that he'd have a lot of hard work ahead of him when it came to casting.

BUT, he told me, he wanted to keep me in mind for future projects. Maybe he tells every actor that.

And then he hoped that I would be kind to him on my headshot blog.



Wh... HOW'D HE KNOW?

Oh, I probably taped the wrong resume to the back of my headshot.



9 headshots remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment